DIY :: JEWELRY HANGER

It has been awhile since the husband and I have had some time to be crafty...but we did this weekend! I had another vision and it came together perfectly! I really hated my old jewelry hanger that I had. It was not tall enough for all my long necklaces...so I had a vision in my head and we brought it to life!!! I am in love with this piece of work!

So we started by getting a "free" wood pallet. Beware that these pallets are heavy and hard to take apart. As John was trying to dismantle it some of the wood split. At first I was like "dang it" but then I was like "oooo perfect." After moving the pieces around like a puzzle I found the right combination.  John nailed it together and I saved some of the rusty nail to use for later. 

Once it was nailed together in one piece I got my stain on. I have never stained anything nor did I research what to do (I like this way better because I am not trying to be perfect). I picked a stain up for about $8 at home depot and went to town. At first I did not like how dark it was because it looked like I had cooked it in a fire. I got over that quickly because there are no re-dos with staining.

I used the old rusty nail and some wire to string across...then bought some $14 drawer knobs at pier one. I am sure if I would have shopped around more for knobs I could have found some cheaper ones...but I didn't...next time!You could totally do this in 2hrs...if you have all your supplies. Look how pretty it is... TA-DUAH!









 

3 comments:

Lindsey Brittain said...

That's super cute..might have to steal that idea! =)

Unknown said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it. Have to try and make me one.

Post a Comment